Injury Treatment Massages in Sacramento, CA
How Do I Properly Treat an Injury So I Can Be Fully Active Again?
When you injure a muscle or tendon, it can be difficult to fully return to your pre-injury state. Luckily, there are several useful therapies that can offer aid in making a full recovery.
Injury Massage Therapy is an important component of the rehabilitation process. Rehabilitation after an injury can be a frustrating, tiring and painful process. The main goal of this process is to increase your strength and flexibility so you can return to your pre-injury state. Injury treatment massage is a great supplement option with standard injury rehabilitation procedures. This type of injury treatment therapy encourages muscle relaxation and circulatory movement, Injury treatment massage aids the body in pumping more oxygen and nutrients to injured tissues as well as your vital organs. This type of therapy will allow the injured area(s) to become far more flexible and heal more quickly.
What Are the Benefits of Treatment Massage?
Injury treatment massage provides an opportunity for a faster recovery, no matter the injury. From a sprained ankle to muscle spasms or even broken bones, massage can help. Injury treatment massage works because the pressure of the therapist’s hands improves blood flow which causes the muscles to become warmer. The therapist will also stretch tight tissues and break down adhesions. This type of massage therapy will help flush out swelling in joints and help you heal much quicker.
Massage can aid a patient weather they suffer from a recent injury or chronic pain. Muscle imbalance or dysfunction can cause intense discomfort and pain throughout the body. It is shown that no other relief therapy can match the efficacy of a well guided massage therapy. Injury treatment therapy can aid with many conditions like:
- Low back pain
- Leg, knee and foot pain
- Neck and shoulder pain
- A range of Sports Injuries
- Plantar fasciitis
- Tension headaches
- Poor range of motion in muscles and/or joints
- Overuse injuries
- Post-surgical pain
No matter what type of pain you are suffering from, injury treatment massage can help.
Are There Different Types of Massage Therapy?
Whether you suffer from back spasms or nerve pain, there are a variety of massage therapies that can help including:
- Swedish Massage – The light to medium joint movements undergone during a Swedish Massage can relax and energize a patient after injury, helping them to recover more quickly.
- Deep Tissue Massage – This special type of massage helps flush out lactic acid and other metabolic waste from the patient’s muscles. This also allows more nutrient- and oxygen-rich blood to flow into the affected area for quicker healing.
- Myofacial Release – This highly specialized stretching technique is used by massage therapists to treat patients who suffer from a variety of soft tissue problems. Myofascial Release causes stretching of the fascia. This specialized stretching is guided by the therapist who learns from the patient’s body during the process. The body provides “feedback” that tells the therapist the amount of force to use, the direction to stretch and how long the stretch should last. Throughout the process, only small areas of muscle are actually stretched at a time.
- Trigger Point Therapy – A “trigger point” is a specific spot that is extremely painful. This pain affects both the surrounding muscle and the spot where the trigger point is located. During Trigger Point Therapy the therapist will locate the trigger point and deactivate it using direct pressure. This will eliminate pain and re-educate the muscles into better, pain-free habits. Once you have undergone several treatments, the swelling and stiffness will be reduced, the range of motion increased, the tension relieved, and the circulation, flexibility and coordination of the area will be improved.
When you suffer an injury or chronic pain, it is important to know that you do not have to live with it for the rest of your life. Take the first step to a pain-free life by speaking to an expert at Active Bodywork about injury treatment therapy that would be right for you. We offer specialized and certified sports massage therapists who have extensive experience aiding patients who suffer from a range of pain, including back pain, joint pain and post-surgical pain. We can help you identify the cause of your pain as well as help you treat it.